TCS is looking for your best summer snaps.
Whether you've been on an incredible holiday or just been at home, we are looking for the best visual representations of your break.
To enter, send up to three photographs of your summer vacation to firstname.lastname@example.org in an attached digital file. We accept both film and digital submissions. Please include a caption, and your name, college and year.
The first prize winner will receive a £50 Pint Shop voucher, and will appear along side two runners-up in our Freshers' Edition, both in print and online.
the closing date is 30th September 2017 at noon.
Full Terms and Conditions are below:
* The promoter is the publication 'The Cambridge Student', in conjunction with The Pint Shop Ltd whose company number is 08184454
* The competition is open to all current students of The University of Cambridge, who are aged 18 years or over, except members of The Cambridge Student editorial team for Michaelmas 2017 and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
* There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
* By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
* Route to entry for the competition is via email and details of how to enter are via www.tcs.cam.ac.uk/culture
* Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
* Closing date for entry will be 30th September 2017 at noon. After this time and date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
* No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
* The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows: "Send up to three photographs that are a visual representation of your summer vacation to email@example.com in an attached digital file, although we accept both film and digital submissions. Please include a caption, and your name, college and year."
blog comments powered by Disqus
1. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
2. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
3. The prize is as follows: 1 voucher worth £50 to be used at The Pint Shop. The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice. The voucher is valid for 12 months after issue.
4. Winners will be chosen by the Board of Directors of The Cambridge Student, and their decision is final.
5. The winner will be notified by email within 28 days of the closing date. Their entry will be published in the Freshers' edition of The Cambridge Student on 2nd October regardless of the winner claiming their prize. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
6. The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected / is delivered.
7. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
8. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
9. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
10. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity or editorial material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
11. The winner’s name will be published in the Freshers' Edition of The Cambridge Student 2017.
12. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
13. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to The Cambridge Student and not to any other party.
Culture: Nuances at Dawn
Culture: LGBT+ History Month: Being queer at Cam
Culture: Please tick one box only
In this section
Across the site
News: Mary Beard sparks Twitter outrage over Oxfam scandal tweet
Theatre: Review: Dragtime! Speed Date
Theatre: TCS Previews: Theatre Weeks 5-6
Theatre: Review: Pomona
Theatre: Review: The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
Culture: Nuances at Dawn
News: Gridlock outside Sainsbury's as lorry reverses into Trinity accommodation building