Did you hear about the popcorn that joined the army? They made him a kernel.
Ingredients: Sponge: 1 cup butter, half cup of sugar (mix of light brown and caster works well), 4 tbsp caramel, 4 large eggs (beaten), 1.5 cups flour, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1.5tsp baking powder. Icing: 1/3cup of butter (softened), 2/3 cup icing sugar, 4 tbsp caramel. Topping: caramel, Butterkist toffee popcorn
Utensils: mixing bowl, two lined cake tins, whisk
- Cream the butter, sugar and caramel until gorgeously light and fluffy. Gradually add the egg. Then add the flour, vanilla and baking powder. Resist the urge to try the uncooked mixture (though it is delicious…)
- Divide between tins and bake for half an hour in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees or until a cocktail stick comes out clean. Fill the kitchen with its sumptuous aroma.
- Leave the cakes to cool in their tins. Gluttons, leave the kitchen to resist temptation.
- For the icing whisk together the butter, sugar and caramel until fabulously golden.
- Slather the indulgent icing over each cake, adding loads of extra caramel to the base layer. Now lets get poppin’ with the toppin’: generously drizzle caramel over the top.
- To really get the party started, spoon over melted dark chocolate and chocolate covered popping candy.