Students’ Sheep costumes set on fire

29 October 2009

A nineteen-year-old student was being treated for serious burns in hospital on Tuesday after the sheep costume he was wearing was set alight. The flames then spread to the costumes of his two similarly dressed friends. The Metro describes two of the three as University of Leeds students, whilst the third is studying elsewhere. The three were drinking in the Headingley Taps pub in Leeds when a man believed to be on a stag night set one of their costumes alight. The police have arrested a thirty-three and a thirty-eight-year-old, both male, in connection with the incident.